Thursday, October 7, 2010

On the Dangers of the Rosary

Happy Feast Day, Mater Dei, Our Lady of the Rosary!  From a convert:
So one Sunday morning as I sat alone in my dorm room, I picked up a Rosary and a Rosary booklet (both of which my Catholic roommate had the suspicious habit of leaving out on his desk) and knelt at my bed reciting the words. I didn’t feel any different after I was finished, but I had decided to give it a week, so that didn’t bother me. That night, though, I told my roommate about praying the Rosary. His response shocked me. He’d been trying to convert me for two years but all he said was “you shouldn’t have done that.” I thought he must have been kidding but then he said, “you don’t know what you just got yourself into.” Prophetic words.

I prayed (read, actually) the Rosary the next day, and again the next. At the end of that third Rosary, my “week-long” prayer had been answered: I knew that I should become Catholic. After two years of arguments and struggle, it took Mary only three days to show me the path to her son: the Catholic Church.

I highly recommend the Rosary to anyone and everyone; it will change your life as it changed mine.

Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...